Suspect leads Auburn PD on chase in stolen car | News
AUBURN, AL - A Tallassee man was arrested in Auburn after a short chase in a stolen car Thursday.
Kevin McNelley, age 35, was arrested on Feb. 21 around 8:40 p.m. He's charged with theft of property and fleeing or attempting to elude police.
Patrol officers tried to stop a white 2009 Volkswagon Jetta on Webster Rd. Thursday that was reported stolen from an Auburn residence on Feb. 25.
The driver, McNelley, didn't stop for police. He eventually ditched the car and tried to run away on foot.
Officers caught McNelley shortly after and he was taken to the Lee County Detention Center.
His bond was set at $6,000.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest