Long-serving Auburn police officer promoted to captain | News
AUBURN, AL - One Auburn Police lieutenant has earned a promotion. He will also be taking over the Patrol Section of the department.
Lt. Cedric Anderson will assume the rank of Captain on Jan. 1. He is taking over the duties of Capt. James Tatum who is retiring to become Probate Judge of Bullock county.
Lt. Anderson has served in law enforcement for 24 years of which 21 have been with the City of Auburn.
“Lt. Anderson is a dedicated professional who puts others before himself,” said Chief Dawson.
“I am confident the citizens of Auburn will continue to receive the service and support they have come to expect under Lt. Anderson’s leadership.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Ala. soldier, troops in Afghanistan give a huge ‘War Eagle!’
- Auburn awarding 1,432 degrees in fall ceremonies featuring guest speaker Stan White
- Adoptable Pets of the Day: Dec. 9
- Could you afford to go to the BCS Championship game?
- Humane Society director to spend night in kennel to raise money for shelter