Desmonte Leonard due in court for Auburn party pool shooting | News
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - A man accused of opening fire at an Auburn pool party is expected in court on Thursday.
Authorities say 22-year-old Desmonte Leonard is expected to enter a plea at the court appearance.
Leonard, who has been indicted on charges that include capital murder, faces trial in the killing of 2 former Auburn University football players and another man.
Police say Leonard opened fire with a .40-caliber pistol at a pool party near the Auburn campus on June 9. Former Auburn football players Edward Christian and Ladarious Phillips were killed along with DeMario Pitts of Opelika. Wounded were current Auburn player Eric Mack and two Roanoke men, Xavier Moss and John Robertson.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest