Harvey Updyke hearing delayed, new attorneys not ready | News
LEE COUNTY, AL - The man accused of poisoning the oaks at Toomer's Corner in Auburn is in court this morning. Things are a little behind schedule though.
Updyke's attorneys are delaying trial because they believe they haven't reviewed his file enough since they were just appointed last week.
They will also begin filing motions next week for a change of venue.
Court is set to start at 10:30 a.m. CT.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Ala. soldier, troops in Afghanistan give a huge ‘War Eagle!’
- Auburn awarding 1,432 degrees in fall ceremonies featuring guest speaker Stan White
- Adoptable Pets of the Day: Dec. 9
- Could you afford to go to the BCS Championship game?
- Humane Society director to spend night in kennel to raise money for shelter