Desmonte Leonard to appear in court Wednesday afternoon | News
AUBURN, AL (WTVM)- A hearing will take place for the man accused of fatally shooting three people at a party in Auburn.
Desmonte Leonard is expected to appear in court at 3 p.m. CST on Wednesday July 11. The defense may call witnesses to testify at the hearing.
On Tuesday July 10, Leonard's legal team filed a request for the state to provide as much as $7,500 to hire an investigator.
Leonard's attorneys also want the state to pay for other expert help they may need to make sure he gets a fair trial on three capital murder charges and two assault charges.
WTVM will have a crew present at the hearing. We'll have a report on the latest developments from the hearing beginning on the News Leader 9 at 6:00 p.m.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest