Rabid cat found in Auburn park | Health
AUBURN, AL - A rabid cat was recently found in Lee County and more people might be at risk of catching the disease.
A stray cat at Town Creek Park in Auburn was found Monday by some walkers.
The walkers brought the cat to the Lee County Humane Society where it tested positive for rabies.
The walkers were scratched by the cat and were exposed to rabies and are receiving treatment.
Lee County Rabies officials say it's likely others have been exposed to the rabid cat.
If you were at Town Creek Park and had contact with a stray cat, please call your doctor or Buddy Bruce, the Lee County Rabies Officer, at 334-745-0060.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest