Rabid cat found in Auburn park | Health
AUBURN, AL - A rabid cat was recently found in Lee County and more people might be at risk of catching the disease.
A stray cat at Town Creek Park in Auburn was found Monday by some walkers.
The walkers brought the cat to the Lee County Humane Society where it tested positive for rabies.
The walkers were scratched by the cat and were exposed to rabies and are receiving treatment.
Lee County Rabies officials say it's likely others have been exposed to the rabid cat.
If you were at Town Creek Park and had contact with a stray cat, please call your doctor or Buddy Bruce, the Lee County Rabies Officer, at 334-745-0060.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Ala. soldier, troops in Afghanistan give a huge ‘War Eagle!’
- Auburn awarding 1,432 degrees in fall ceremonies featuring guest speaker Stan White
- Adoptable Pets of the Day: Dec. 9
- Could you afford to go to the BCS Championship game?
- Humane Society director to spend night in kennel to raise money for shelter