Lee County murder suspect pleads not guilty | Crime
LEE COUNTY, AL - The suspected killer of a Lee County business owner plead not guilty to capital murder Thursday.
Marcus Allen, age 22, is accused of killing Walter Cade Spratlin.
Allen was arrested and charged with murder after Spratlin was found shot to death inside his business, Cades Custom Exhaust & Muffler, in mid-April.
Allen was already in jail on unrelated charges and is being held in the Lee County Detention Center.
His bond is set at $100,000 for the murder charge and $5,000 for an unrelated theft charge.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Ala. soldier, troops in Afghanistan give a huge ‘War Eagle!’
- Auburn awarding 1,432 degrees in fall ceremonies featuring guest speaker Stan White
- Adoptable Pets of the Day: Dec. 9
- Could you afford to go to the BCS Championship game?
- Humane Society director to spend night in kennel to raise money for shelter