Woman arrested with thousands of dollars in crystal meth | Crime
OPELIKA, AL - Opelika Police were tipped off that someone was breaking bad with some crystal meth in town. This led to thousands of dollars worth of the drug being confiscated.
Officers were told someone was transporting methamphetamine through the city of Opelika. They were able to stop the car, a gray 2005 Nissan Altima, near Plum Ave. and Dover St.
The vehicle was searched and almost a pound of ICE, or crystal methamphetamine, with a street value of $72,000 was recovered.
There was also a mason jar with an ounce of marijuana worth about $250 in the car.
Aiesha Veunckka Todd, age 24, was the driver and only person in the car.
She was arrested and charged with drug trafficking and unlawful possession of marijuana.
She was later transported to the Lee County Detention Facility.
If convicted Todd could face a mandatory minimum prison term of three years and a fine of $50,000.00 for the trafficking arrest. She could also face a sentence of 1 to 10 years for the marijuana arrest.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest