Trial delayed for Auburn football players accused of robbery | Crime
AUBURN, AL - Three former Auburn University football players may have to wait a little longer for their trial.
Lawyers say their court dates will be delayed to wait for test results and other evidence.
Dakota Mosley and former teammates Michael McNeil and Shaun Kitchens were supposed to have their trial start today.
The three are facing robbery, burglary and theft of property charges after prosecutors said they participated in an armed robbery at an auburn mobile home in 2011.
Co-defendant Antonio Goodwin was sentenced to 15 years in prison after being convicted of robbery in April.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Ala. soldier, troops in Afghanistan give a huge ‘War Eagle!’
- Auburn awarding 1,432 degrees in fall ceremonies featuring guest speaker Stan White
- Adoptable Pets of the Day: Dec. 9
- Could you afford to go to the BCS Championship game?
- Humane Society director to spend night in kennel to raise money for shelter