Trial delayed for Auburn football players accused of robbery | Crime
AUBURN, AL - Three former Auburn University football players may have to wait a little longer for their trial.
Lawyers say their court dates will be delayed to wait for test results and other evidence.
Dakota Mosley and former teammates Michael McNeil and Shaun Kitchens were supposed to have their trial start today.
The three are facing robbery, burglary and theft of property charges after prosecutors said they participated in an armed robbery at an auburn mobile home in 2011.
Co-defendant Antonio Goodwin was sentenced to 15 years in prison after being convicted of robbery in April.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest