Man burglarizes construction site on AU campus | Crime
AUBURN, AL - Auburn Police need your help identifying a man who burglarized Auburn University's campus.
The theft happened near midnight on Thursday, August 30 at a construction site near Greene Hall at the School of Veterinary Medicine on Wire Rd.
The suspect was seen driving a white, compact, four-door car which could possibly be a 2000-model Ford Focus or similar vehicle.
The vehicle appears to have damage in the area between the driver’s side door and front left fender.
It also has five-spoke wheels, a spoiler, and small antenna centered on the roof over the rear window.
Surveillance video captured the suspect carrying multiple, bulky items from the scene.
He appears to be a white male and may have been wearing a construction worker vest.
A $5,000 reward is being offered by D&J Enterprises for the arrest of the suspect and recovery of the property.
Anyone who can identify the person or vehicle in the photographs is asked to contact the Auburn Police Division at (334) 501-3140 or anonymously by text or voice on the tip line at (334) 246-1391.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest